Tuesday 7 June 2011

Notes to Self (Should be actually noted and followed)

Today's post is brought to you by my strange aptitude for not being able to follow my own advice.

Some of you might remember that my first post on this collection of rambles and thoughts was a smallish piece from one of my notebooks on me attempting to gain inspiration for writing by going out side (See 'A Reason For Not Leaving the House').

Now today, struck with the good luck (Yet minor inconvenience, my calendar being empty as always) of being free from the bounds of school, I could stay at home and eat and read and generally do whatever I like, which is the ideal way for any teenage nerd to spend his life (And on days like this I really do). But today, I pushed myself to attempt to do something productive.

As you probably know (Seeing as I don't ever shut up about the damn thing) my book is being released in October, and seeing that I have to finish writing it, edit it, make a final edition and get it printed, I have quite a bit of work to get done. So, I thought, in order to get some writing done instead of writing a paragraph and getting distracted by fore-mentioned and dreaded funny cat videos I ventured forth from the house, portfolio folder in hand to venture off somewhere silent to get some writing done.

Oh, foolish young Lewis. You've made this mistake before lad.


I did consider going to the library, a place sort of intended to be, silent, easy to work in, full of good literature, and of course away from the internet, but I, being the lazy teenager that I am, couldn't be bothered to walk into town, and so made my way to a field.

Why?! What? Are you mental?!


And so I sat there, trying (And ultimately failing) to write, and in all of a couple minutes, I found myself covered in bugs, squinting massively at the white paper, and beginning to break out in a sweat under the sun.

So I went home.

And wrote this.

Don't be surprised if this book is late in coming.

- Lewis

6 comments:

  1. Hmm... Yeah.

    Procrastination+Lack of Inspiration=


    Well, I'll let you solve this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the inspiration, just the procrastination and the lack of effort-giving-nature bit :L

    ReplyDelete
  3. after reading your blogs, i do belive that you are not as clever as you belive you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much as you haven't stated your beliefs on your own intelligence, I think your comment would have more substance if you could spell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HAAHAHAHHA!

    Oh you. My day has officially been made. Oh, God...that was funny...

    :D

    ReplyDelete